Thursday, February 2, 2012

Writing with Rox Weekly Prompt—Is it REALLY fun at the YMCA?

(SOMETIMES)





(By the way, perhaps I should call it the WRITING WITH ROX (SOMETIMES) WEEKLY PROMPT...ya think?)

(If it's any consolation or provides any insight, Ma missed her plane. She was supposed to be here at 4, but won't get here until midnight tomorrow. She's the only person I know to regularly (let alone ever)             
                                                         miss a flight. And guess what else? She works at the airport. 
                                               
                                                        Yes, you heard right.


                          ANYWHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO (oooooo)



How the heck do you do the C, again?

                                So I call the Y to cancel my membership this morning because I never go and they tell me I need to come in and sign something to cancel and I say the reason I need to cancel is because I never can manage to get there and she says sorry we need it in writing and I say can I send an email? And she says it's really quite simple, see, just come in the front door and fill out the paperwork, the proverbial paperwork, and I say, so you're telling me that if I don't come in today and cancel membership I will need to pay for another month of membership? That's about it, she says. There's no way I can make it over there today. Or any other day. That's why I need to cancel my membership. Oh well, she says.  
 Do you think I made it? (Hint: Ma missed her plane.)












Um.... so when did the Y become a cult?



The real reason I joined the Y was to use the whirlpool. You sure you don't want to see the machines? she asked. Nope! Just show me to the heat! The other and almost as important reason I joined was to play racquetball. After a several year hiatus (due mostly to making too many grown men cry) (on the inside), I decided it was time to get back in the game. The third reason, a bonus: free play-care (hey! just made it up!  Pretty cool, huh? Wanna buy it?) for Jude. (Oh, it's already been done? Okay). Anyway, the first two reasons didn't go so well. First, the whirlpool experience: NOT relaxing. Let's just leave it at that. Second, racquetball. Two issues: can never get the court (only one) and two, no one to play with. Friends think it's hilarious that I Craiglisted potential players and successfully I might add (with a funny story), but alas, they are not Y members so... 

What's your YMCA story? and/or
Do you play racquetball? If yes, wanna play?


Hope to write with you (sometime) soon (and/or racquetball!)

No comments:

Post a Comment