Thursday, April 5, 2012

PROMPT RERUNS—MAY 21, 2011

Good Evening!

I had a great prompt ready to go around six this evening when I sat down to send it off, but was delayed with Jude things, which led to watermelon, which led to   delays in the backyard, which led to practicing non-judgment when accidentally overhearing my neighbors sitting in Cozies on their deck, which led to dandelions, which led to my second great prompt! 

(No, "dandelions" is not the prompt, though it sure could be if you're all fired up... )

 Actually, dandelions, the entire gulf of them, with their happy sunny heads, once again filled me with infinitely happy.  This "happy" reminded me of way back in the late 90s when I lived in Seattle and my friend Nancy and I were going through a lot of hardtimes about the usual late-twenties hardtimes... and she came up with the great idea to keep a notebook of "happy things", which included the simplest of things, the barely noticed like: Beach Noise, the  paper hamburger wrappers from Dick's, the basketball players at Green Lake, running your fingers through shiny pennies in a bowl, hardcandy, sweatpants, etc.......

So tell me about your happy things. Tell me a few and if a memory comes creeping in, see what happens if you follow that memory on the page... You may want to jumpstart your process with "Happy things are..." and remember to keep writing without stopping (no thinking/editing!) until you feel done. Enjoy. This one is a dandy (puns are happy things!)! 

As always, thanks for sharing if you choose to do so and thanks to all of you who did so last week! I could really feel the love in those limbs!

Guess I'll have to wait a week to send out the original prompt that was born this morning while writing with my Thursday gals. (Writing with Thursday gals is yet another fine example of "happy things"!)     If you can't wait until then, (how could you?!), come write with me! Check out my corkboard website writingwithrox.com and see all the writings-ons goin'. (I crack myself up).

Night-night,  ("night-night" is happy things...)

No comments:

Post a Comment