Wednesday, August 28, 2013

WRITING WITH ROX weekly—DEAR MEN...

Lookie! My ten seconds—well, 30 days—of fame! 
There's still time to check out my display 
at Magers and Quinn Booksellers in Uptown 
and to purchase these amazing amazing books!









































Moments of Fame List Poem

In first grade channel 11 came to my classroom and interviewed my school about our TV watching  habits. I was chosen and highlighted on TV later that night because I watched the most TV, 
beginning at 7 am with Flipper. I had a missing front tooth.
My first husband and I started a swing dance culture magazine in Seattle, WA called Swaank (notice the double a so as not to be confused with the other Swank) which got us some local attention and headline of some south of Seattle suburban newspaper variety section. My platinum haircut was very short as was my polka-dot dress.
I wrote and performed a spoof of Matchmaker Matchmake Make Me a Match onstage 
at the U of M for a love poem contest hosted and judged by
Garrison Keillor. His awesome piano player accompanied me will I sang "MacIntosh MacIntosh Download Me a Date..." I did not win. I did not even come close to winning. I think I was comic relief to the somber heartbroken love poems that came before and after me.
I was an extra on some movie I never saw, but I had to walk behind two people talking in the desert.
I took a singing Improv class at the Improv along with Deryl Hannah and Jan Brady. Although it wasn't filmed or broadcasted, just telling the story made me famous in smaller, less glamorous circles.



WHAT IS YOUR MOMENT(S) OF FAME STORY/LIST POEM?






WRITING WITH ROX WEEKLY (Good) News

Dear Men, Wonder what the women are up to?
Come see at my NEW monthly MENS Writing Group, starting this Thursday evening at 6:30 pm! I've got a great group of men so far and have room for 2-3 more. Would love to have you write with us, Men! Starts TOMORROW!


WRITING WITH ROX WEEKLY (Happy) Announcements


I need an intern! Free classes/retreats/etc, great experience!
 rox@writingwithrox.com

Want to write but not ready to come to a class?   Online Class coming soon! Inquire within! rox@writingwithrox.com

We still have openings in our Madeline Island Retreat. If you haven't yet had a vacation or it's been a really long time, join us for a 5-day blissful writing and meditation/mindfulness retreat!
UPCOMING 

Intuitive Writing 12 week class series
begins THURSDAY September 26, 2013
@The Loft Literary Center   Register soon! Fills fast!

New! Fourth Annual Fall Women's Writing Retreat 
On the lake in Spicer, MN!
Friday October 25-27, 2013 
Noon Friday-1 pm Sunday    Call for details!  

WRITING WITH ROX WEEKLY Woo-Woo Writing Wisdom...


Linger. Don't forget to linger. Stay here in this moment just a little longer. Let us really see it, feel it, want it. Take your time. See what awakens when you linger................

         



                                               ♥                                                                   



No comments:

Post a Comment