Friday, May 25, 2012

Nostalgic for an Old Time Summer Prompt?

On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 7:52 PM, Roxanne Sadovsky wrote...
WEEKLY
PROMPT                           
                                                   Jude and I just spent 4 days at the Wisconsin Delles, which was a hoot.           The highlights: 
Jude delighting in the many forms of colorful bouncy water fun
Me trying on a pink swim dress and Jude saying "wow, Mama. Now you're a woman."

Watching a little four year girl flirt with Jude around the pool and him going back and forth between being oblivious and flirting back. 

Devil's Lake State Park

Riding the mini train. Singing in the car.    Asking a perfect stranger to help me fill my tires with air and feeling no shame in asking him if they looked like they needed it. He pulled out his gauge. "I've been meaning to get one of those," I half-truthed, since I didn't actually know what it was, but had been putting off getting whatever it is I needed to do this myself.  He'd heard it before. I offered him whatever money he'd take. No way he would take it.

Blowing kisses through the window to the little girl who lived above the Mexican Restaurant with her family as she beat on the glass and cheerfully waved goodbye to her new friends. We'd  lunched at her restaurant and she joined us within two seconds of sitting down, wanting to lean her head on Jude's shoulder. He let her. Then he offered her half of his Pez. They exchanged pleasantries in Espanol. After a while, Jude simply replied "Si" to everything she said.
Am I the only one to experience such sublingual sadness while simultaneously loving and leaving each of these fleeting moments?

What are your summer snapshots? The images/moments you wish to preserve?



No comments:

Post a Comment