Thursday, May 7, 2015

Writing with Rox WEEKLY—Is your moon also in the 8th house?


So I decided to have my astrological chart done. It was hard to follow, since what do I know from houses in Jupiter and such, but apparently I am in a restless phase and something big is supposed to come along in the next month. Additionally, turns out I'm not done with Pluto, I am obsessed with living, communicating, feeling, and expressing only the deepest, core, truths (I believe this is the Uranus in one of my houses speaking?), and I am basically doomed when it comes to relationships... unless I can... now what was that again?

But isn't this true for everyone, I asked?

Well, not really. Because my moon is watery and this lifetime is all about getting back to the womb.  Because my sun is friends with Mercury and Mars is my buddy, but my Venus doesn't get along with Saturn, unless Neptune is visiting. And, by the way, I'm an old soul, born in the final phase of the moon. The sliver, am I? The crescent? Now, this does explain my tendency to doodle out moons, crescents in particular, all over the place, perhaps accounting for the tattoo on my ankle, which is, likewise, in its final phase.

Oh, you too, you say? Well.

My feet are very, very tired. Are yours?

My job is to grow fins. Is yours?

My job is also to go back home, return to my roots, to origins, to God, to Source. Is yours?

I'm always trying to find home. I'll get there, but it will take some time. It will be complicated, but my job is buck up against dogma and find out what my origins did with their struggles along the way. 

You too?

The good news, the very good news, is I have a guardian angel. And my midheaven is up to something exciting and a big party is on its way.

Today in writing we wrote about what our "normal" is and what our "not normal" is. This exercise was further inspired by a student who came in and said she would never consider putting magnetic paint on her wall, which was shocking to me. Again, doesn't everyone paint on their walls?

But thankfully it isn't her normal. Because as we wrote and shared, I got to hear about her normal, her childhood tubing down the Rum River all the way to her doorstep. And about someone else's normal, full of mystical sin eaters and emerald majesty. Someone else's normal was begging to change, hungering for a new normal.

And that is why we write. Because my normal, crazy as it is, is normal to me. My normal is magnetic paint on the small wall, film projector paint on the big wall. My normal is getting my chart done just for the heck of it. My normal has mother issues, is vulnerable, addicted, allergic, compassionate, codependent, sensitive, drawn to instability, yet overly stable, committed, searching for freedom, out-of-my-body, in my body, creative, intuitive, passionate, apathetic, homeless, everchanging...

...isn't done with Pluto.

And sharing these normals when we write together—in their varied phases of bloom—we linger there until we recognize our miraculous belonging in this moment in time, amidst this vast, infinite, lonely, weightless, universe with multiple moons, heavens, holes, and empty houses, where we so easily could have gotten lost and disappeared behind the fallen stars.

WRITE WITH ME?
What is your normal?
What house is your moon in? 
What's doing with your horoscope?





11 comments:

  1. This is a fun one! Where can I get my chart done??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! It was fun to do and fun to write. So, Bev McCain is awesome. She is also my amazing massage therapist. Her # is 612-619-1519. Dreamy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy Reagan ruined astrology for me.
    But someone who does both charts and massages! Imagine having a writer's retreat with someone like Bev as a headliner. I'm all in.
    Got computer finally yesterday, Rox. Should be some prose movement soon.
    There is a Land of Loons festival here this summer. They've asked me to come out of the cake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. now that there is an image to rival the heavens! :)

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Writing with others brings us new perspectives - it's one of the most beneficial components of your groups Rox. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate. Totally, totally. So glad and blessed to have yours around this table. xoxo

      Delete
  6. Roxanne,

    I enjoyed reading your blog very much.

    All this talk of moons makes me think of a line in a song my deceased brother wrote: "The half moon is a promise." I always liked that line. It gives me hope. And when I spy a half moon in the nighttime sky I smile. I don't have any idea what the half moon promises. Good health? Prosperity? 10,000 joys and 10,000 sorrows? Maybe just the promise of a full moon in a couple of weeks. That is something you can count on when all else feels random, out of control, uncertain. The full moon is coming, and another half moon will arrive in, what....28 days? I don't even know the moon cycles. My daughter who is pagan and a bit "witchy" would be able to tell me. She celebrates these things. I take them for granted. There are some things you can count on. The sun rising, the moon waxing and waning, the seasons flowing into and out of each other. Unlike the economy, jobs, stability, people you love always being around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Gayle... what a beautifully poetic musing on the moon and her evergiving love... I so get it. I feel the same way about the moon, though certain phases move me deeply more than other phases. It's okay... I didn't (don't) know much from moon phases either... sometimes not knowing is good for me, lends itself to beautiful poetry such as yours... Thanks Gayle! xoox

      Delete
  7. That would make an interesting list - the best moon songs. MY favorite might be Mary Chapin Carpernter's 'The Moon and St Chrostopher'. And Neil Young's 'Harvest Moon' is wonderful.

    The first song I taught my Burmese refugee students to sing as a way of learning English was Sinatra's 'Fly Me To The Moon'.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love this idea, Rob! Moonsongs! And what a creative way to teach english... in song. Of course. Wow... I'm off to write about the moon. Thanks for being so creative as always... awaiting more prose, lunar and otherwise! :) Rox

    ReplyDelete