Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Writing with Rox WEEKLY—Every Wednesday, 4pm

Happy February Writers!

Today I am feeling happy that there is sunshine outside and that we can feel it on the couch in the corner of the living room where the kitty likes to lie out.

I am also satisfied by a full day of writing with you, always nourishment. "Welp, another morning totally wasted," one of my dear students likes to joke after our monthly morning group, the same group that has been writing together for several years and experiencing the same inexplicable magic that happens when we write together and see ourselves in the words of one another, because we can all write about our cars or going to the dentist or the clutter on our tables or what we had for dinner last night and have a deeply moving life changing experience.

I am also sad today because for forever and a day, Weds has been my day to finish off the work day with yoga at One Yoga with Amy and those familiar bodies I took the same class with for years and years (though I think I was there the longest). I miss those familiar limbs in triangle poses and warriors and downward dogs and the corpses that kept me safe company in Savasana.

Even though it's been almost a year, today I struggle to accept that I cannot go and do what I have done for 18 years at 4 pm on Wednesday, what is so familiar. I want it back so much I embarrass myself with the inability to grow up and accept myself where I am. I suppose if I could be okay with not being okay and not accepting where I am than I might be okay with where I am. I might be onto something.

And I am enjoying a laborious text exchange with Ma who is across town trying to understand exactly what sort of feminine product I need her to pick up and were it not for her many questions, it would never occur to me how difficult this was, how words fall short, and how many feminine products there really are

I am also baffled by how much  harder and more complicated things are given how easy things have become and how many options there are

For some reason I can never remember what floor I am supposed to get off at my clinic because there are two main floors

especially on Wednesdays

because I think part of me is always expecting to get off on the floor with the yoga studio

It is Wednesday at 4 pm and instead of doing yoga, I am doing this. And isn't it  really the same thing?


What's your Weds at 4p?
What do you miss and long for like a petulant child?

No comments:

Post a Comment