Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Writing with Rox WEEKLY—My cat gives me Reiki

Happy Valentine's Day Writers!

Now, now... before you go saying saying about Valentine's Day, remember that this day is loaded with prompts because no matter how you slice it, it's about the heart. And no matter what you write about, it's really all about the heart. And the heart is always up to something.

It's been all over the place, hasn't it? It's fallen hard, broken in pieces, gone missing, gone into hiding,  stripped, dressed up, run away, danced with you, given your blissful rhythm, the chills, the drunken nerve, beat so fast you thought you'd pass out... and here it still is,  beating in time, reminding you that a heart connection is still always right in front of you.

When we write together and share, we connect from the heart and it comes naturally (which is why it feels so good most of the time).

Lately, when I need it, my cat Lola jumps on my lap and puts her paw on my heart. I kid you not. She just sits there, looks me in the eye, and rests her white gloved paw heart center. She senses something. She is wise in ways of the heart, a constant reminder that my heart is always primed for opening. Even if my mind is up to something else, my heart can always be opened.

Sometimes I forget that and I engage a little less alive with life, I give less, I receive less, I think more... and my writing sounds... off... sort of like those Valentine's heart candies with the messages that get more and more cryptic every year: "H&M?" What the heck is that and do I really want my kid reading these things? "Smoo Mes"? Er....? "Lympy?"

Of course we get a good laugh about it and that opens the heart. So you can't stay annoyed for long.



What opens your heart?




No comments:

Post a Comment